.....for Thai chicken in peanut sauce. It hit me earlier this week and won't go away....I've made it twice in the last five days. So rich and creamy and sort of spicy with crunchy peanuts on top. It cooks up quickly and is nicely warming with the cool weather we're having. Here's my version.
- 3 green onions, with the green part, thinly sliced (put aside one for garnish)
- 1 TBS curry powder
- 1 TBS finely minced garlic
- 1 TBS finely minced ginger
- 1 1/2" X 3" strip of lemon peel (use a vegetable peeler) cut into 1/3's
- In a porcelain or glass bowl, mix together green onions, garlic, ginger, lemon peel, curry powder and chili paste. Add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat wok or saute pan to medium high. Add peanut oil (just enough to coat the bottom of the pan), chicken mixture. Stir fry 3 minutes or until chicken loses pink color.
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, fish sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and gently simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken and chicken is cooked through.
- If using spinach, add and simmer until spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute
- Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts and reserved green onions.